What is coconut milk?
Coconut milk is made from the white flesh of a mature coconut, with a thick consistency and rich creamy texture . Coconut milk is made from condensed coconut meat mixed with water, so in coconut milk, the amount of water accounts for about 50% .
Coconut milk is commonly used in food processing in Southeast Asian countries . In addition, this type of milk is also quite popular in Hawaii, India and countries in South America.
2. How is coconut milk made?
Coconut milk is classified as thick or liquid based on its consistency and degree of processing. Condensed coconut milk is coconut meat that is finely ground and boiled or simmered in water. This mixture is then filtered through a cheesecloth to create a thick coconut milk. Thin coconut milk is after making condensed coconut milk, the grated coconut remaining in the thin cloth is simmered in water. The pressing process is then repeated to produce liquid milk.
In traditional dishes, thick coconut milk is used in desserts and sauces. Thin coconut milk is used in soups and liquid sauces. Most canned coconut milk contains a combination of condensed and liquid milk.
3. Nutritional composition of coconut milk
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, coconut milk contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that are good for the body. On average, a cup of coconut milk (240gr) includes fat , protein , carbs, fiber , vitamin C … Experts say that coconut milk contains unique proteins, which can bring great benefits to the body. body.
4. Health benefits.
1. Positive effects on weight and metabolism.
2. Good for heart health.
3. Several other potential health benefits.
4. Other health benefits of drinking coconut milk
Coconut milk can also work like:
- Reduces Inflammation: Animal studies show that coconut extracts and coconut oil reduce inflammation and swelling in injured rats and mice.
- Reduce the size of stomach ulcers: In one study, coconut milk reduced the size of stomach ulcers in rats by 54%.
- Fights viruses and bacteria: Test-tube studies show that lauric acid can reduce levels of viruses and bacteria that cause infections. This includes the bacteria that reside in your mouth. However, these studies are not all about the effects of coconut milk.
How to make coconut milk
Ingredients for making coconut milk
2kg fresh old copra
1.5 liters of hot water (about 90 degrees Celsius)
Tools: Blender, knife , scraper, filter bag
How to make coconut milk
Copra you use a knife to cut or scrape, then pour hot water and soak for about 5-7 minutes . At that time, the coconut will be softer, convenient for the following stages. Put all the copra and coconut water into the blender, then start the blender.
Blend thoroughly until the mixture becomes milky white , then turn off the machine. You use a filter bag to filter the freshly ground coconut milk mixture. You should use your hands to squeeze to squeeze out all the juice, squeeze until the coconut residue is dry and loose, discard the residue.
In addition to the filter bag, you can also filter the coconut milk with a sieve or cloth. You put the filtered coconut milk into the pot, then cook on the stove with low heat. When the milk boils, add a little salt and stir well, then turn off the heat.
Thus, the smooth, delicious coconut milk dish is complete. After the coconut milk cools, you can put the milk in a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator. However, you can only use it within 4 days .
We still have a lot of products for you to check out.