WHAT IS COCONUT BUTTER?
Coconut butter is made from the rice/coconut part. This butter will solidify at room temperature and become softer when heated.
What is the difference between coconut oil and coconut butter?
Coconut oil is produced by cold pressing the oil from copra. The oil will then solidify at room temperature and will melt into a liquid form if heated. Coconut oil has an odor and contains a light to medium amount of oil
Here is some information about coconut butter, from uses to uses:
Benefits of coconut butter:
Can be used while making fondant or hard candy
Can be applied as a beauty product
Uses and Benefits:
- Nutritional Food: Coconut butter contains a lot of saturated fatty acids, which help provide energy for the body. In particular, about 50% of the fatty acids in coconut butter are lauric acid, which has the ability to enhance resistance and support the digestive system.
- Beauty Hair and Skin: Coconut butter is commonly used in beauty products such as lotions and hair conditioners. The fat and vitamin E in coconut butter help moisturize, soften and protect the skin from environmental influences.
- Softening Lips: Coconut butter is often used to make a natural lip balm. The fat in coconut butter helps to soften dry and chapped lips.
- Makeup Remover: Coconut butter can also be used to effectively remove eye and face makeup without irritating the skin.
- Cooking: Coconut butter is often used for cooking, especially in Asian and sweet dishes. Coconut butter can replace traditional cooking oil in soups, baking, frying, and stir-frying.
Cooking oil: Coconut butter can be used as cooking oil. You can use it to fry, sauté, bake, and steam dishes.
Body Lotion: Coconut butter can be applied directly to the skin to moisturize, or can be used in the preparation of natural beauty products.
Hair Conditioner: Coconut butter can be used as a conditioner after shampooing, making hair soft and shiny.
Makeup Remover: A small amount of coconut butter can be applied to a cotton pad and used to remove makeup.
Dish Ingredients: Coconut butter provides delicious flavor and natural fat to dishes. You can add coconut butter to smoothies, cakes, jams, or other pastries.
Coconut butter has the natural sweetness of coconut, a dense mixture rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins that not only brings a sense of experience when enjoying but also brings many great health benefits. This food has most of the same beneficial properties as coconut oil.
In short, coconut butter is not only a valuable food ingredient, but also has many applications in beauty and health care. However, since it contains a lot of fat, use it sparingly to avoid overconsumption.