What is Desiccated Coconut?
Desiccated Coconut is a grated, dried (3% moisture content max.), and unsweetened fresh meat or kernel of a mature fruit of coconut. Dessicated Coconuts are graded by its cutting size, for example, fine grade and medium grade where fine grade is smaller particle size than the medium grade.
The processes of desiccated coconut are as below:
1. Removal of coconut husk,
2. Removal of coconut shell,
3. Removal of thick brown coconut skin,
4. Washing of white coconut meat to remove foreign material,
5. Blanching of white coconut meat to reduce the number of microorganism to the safe level fit for human consumption within its shelf life,
6. Cutting of white coconut meat into the desired size,
7. Hot air blow drying the grated white coconut meat to reduce the moisture content from 19% to less than 3%,
8. Cooling of desiccated coconut,
9. Sieving of desiccated coconut to separate desiccated coconut as according to the desired size,
10. Finally, packing of desiccated coconut.
One thousand nuts are expected to yield about 130kg of Desiccated Coconut. Production of Desiccated Coconut is a real hard work as the removal of coconut husk, shell and skin are done manually or given the best of current technology are done semi-automatically.
Grade: High fat, Low fat
Ingredient: 100% pure coconut natural
Color: Natural white, free from yellow specks or other discoloration
Size: Fine, Medium
• Packing: 50 kg,25 kg,10 kg/ bag. Bag 5 lines(PE,3 plies Kraft paper inner, PP covering) or as the buyer’s requirement.
• Quantity: 12 MT/20FT, 26 MT /40H’
We still have a lot of products for you to check out.