Dried grapefruit peel is the peel of a grapefruit that is cut and then dried or dried. The scientific name of pomelo is Citrus Maxima , a tree of the orange family Rutaceae.
Grapefruit is a large fruit tree with an average height of about 10-15m, the trunk is light brown, the branches have long sharp spines, the green ovate leaves are about 4-5cm wide, 11-13cm long. It has large flowers that grow in clusters with a very fragrant scent. The spherical pomelo has a very thick peel, inside the fruit there are many segments.
Pomelos are grown in all regions of our country, but the most famous is still Phu Tho pomelo in the North, the South is famous for green skin pomelos, pomelo blossom season in April-May and mid-fruit season. in August-October every year.
People grow grapefruit mainly for sale – eat, harvest pomelo flowers, pomelo leaves and especially people also use or sell pomelo peel – dried pomelo seeds are used to restore hair damage, make hair black – shiny , soft hair care…
Dried grapefruit peel is a rich source of nutrients that are important for health. Here are some nutritional components of dried grapefruit peel:
- Fiber: Dried grapefruit peel is an excellent source of fiber, which helps to improve digestive function and reduce the risk of constipation and other gastrointestinal problems.
- Vitamin C: Dried grapefruit peel contains a lot of vitamin C, an important nutrient that helps strengthen the immune system, reduce the risk of disease and help beautify the skin.
- Flavonoids: Dried grapefruit peel is also high in flavonoids, compounds that have antioxidant effects and help protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- Amino Acids: Dried grapefruit peel also contains a number of amino acids needed by the body, helping to promote health and energy.
- Minerals: Dried grapefruit peel contains minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium, important nutrients that help strengthen the nervous system, muscles, and bones.
- Anti-inflammatory substances: Many studies have shown that dried grapefruit peel contains anti-inflammatory substances, which help reduce the symptoms of inflammation and pain in the body
Uses of dried grapefruit peel
Dried grapefruit rind, although often considered a useless part after we eat grapefruit, actually has many diverse uses that it can bring. Here are some uses of dried grapefruit peel:
Used in beauty and skin care
Dried grapefruit peel has the ability to contain many nutrients and compounds that are beneficial to the skin, soothe the skin, help tighten pores and create freshness. Here are some ways to use dried grapefruit peel in beauty and skin care:
Skin mask: Mixture of pureed dried grapefruit peel combined with ingredients such as honey, yogurt, or rose water can form a natural skin care mask. This mask helps to soothe the skin, provide nourishment to the skin, and naturally brighten the skin.
Natural Toner: Water soaked from dried grapefruit peel can be used as a natural toner. This water has the ability to soothe and brighten the skin, help balance the pH of the skin and tighten pores.
Treats Acne: Grapefruit peel contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can be used to treat acne. Pureed dried grapefruit peel combined with rose water or aloe vera gel can be applied directly to the acne area to help soothe and reduce inflammation.
Make a whitening face mask: Grapefruit peel contains many antioxidants and vitamin C, which helps to brighten the skin and reduce darkening. You can make a mask by mixing pureed dried grapefruit peel with lemon juice and honey, then apply it on your face for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Supports respiratory system health
Dried grapefruit peel may offer a number of benefits to respiratory health through its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and nutritional properties. Here are a few ways that dried grapefruit peel can support respiratory system health:
Anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory: Grapefruit peel contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract. These effects can help ease symptoms such as rhinitis, sore throat, and bronchitis.
Immune system support: Nutrients found in grapefruit peel like vitamin C and minerals can help boost the immune system. A strong immune system helps the body fight pathogens and infections in the respiratory system.
If you have any questions about benefits and supplier of products , do not hesitate to leave them in the comments below!