Coconut oil is an oil extracted from the pulp of a coconut. Coconut oil is a white fat that melts at room temperature about 25 °C warmer. In hot countries, it is a transparent oil.
Coconut oil is divided into 2 types of oil: virgin cooking coconut oil and cold pressed coconut oil. The cold pressing method does not use heat, so cold pressed coconut oil is as clear as water. Pure cooked coconut oil is dark yellow, light yellow or clear like water.
How to identify virgin coconut oil with impurity coconut oil :
– To know if virgin coconut oil is pure or not, you just need to put the bottle of virgin coconut oil in the refrigerator . Wait 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the size of the coconut oil small or large), in the temperature below 25 degrees Celsius , the virgin coconut oil will start to solidify completely .
– On the contrary, if your bottle of coconut oil is not solidified, or partially solidified, the rest no matter how long it is in the refrigerator, it still does not freeze, then you have grounds to doubt the purity of the coconut oil that you have. you own.
– Alternatively, if you see white coconut oil, you should double-check if there is any bleach, because pure coconut oil will not be so white when cooked .
– How to distinguish using smell: the smell of pure coconut oil is light and smells like coconut candy . If there is a different scent then it is definitely a mix of flavors and there will definitely be added preservatives, if so it is not good for your health, can cause cancer.
What is the effect of coconut oil?
Good for cardiovascular
Coconut oil contains many antioxidants, so it is good for the heart. This type of food also helps provide omega-3 and good cholesterol which also helps prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases, dilate blood vessels, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, …
Coconut oil in lowering cholesterol levels
The main function of cholesterol is the structure of cell membranes; maintain its integrity and fluidity. This substance also functions as a precursor for the synthesis of steroid hormones, vitamin D , and bile acids. Cholesterol is transported via the portal vein mainly by HDL and LDL.
HDL-c is often called ‘good cholesterol’ with the function of anti-oxidant, anti-endothelial inflammation; Antithrombotic and cytoprotective. On the other hand, LDL, also known as ‘bad cholesterol’, can be a factor in the development of atherosclerosis if they are oxidized in the artery walls. Therefore, maintaining higher HDL-c levels while keeping LDL-c low is recommended to avoid atherosclerotic diseases.
Multi-functional skin care support
Did you know that coconut oil has amazing effects on the skin? According to a 2018 study published in the International Journal of Molecular Science, coconut oil was found to be rich in antibacterial, anti-aging, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
It can also aid in the treatment of various skin problems including:
- Eczema and Psoriasis : The application of coconut oil may reduce the severity of these conditions.
- UV radiation : Research shows that the use of coconut oil protects the skin against the harmful effects of UV rays.
- Dermatitis: A study published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that coconut oil was effective in reducing symptoms of atopic dermatitis (compared to mineral oil).
- This is supported by another study published in the International Journal of Dermatology showing that virgin coconut oil is more beneficial than mineral oil-based formulations when treating children with atopic dermatitis from mild to moderate.
- Skin Wounds: Virgin coconut oil helps accelerate wound healing thanks to its indicated skin care properties.
- Fibrous or dry skin: Research shows that coconut oil is a safe and effective moisturizer for the skin. Cold-pressed, organic, non-GMO virgin coconut oil is a great massage oil that can be used for all skin types, including dry skin.
- Antibacterial Activity: Monolaurin is an active component of coconut oil found to be antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal in nature.
It protects against harmful bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus that causes boils and other skin infections.
- Burns: The use of coconut oil helps to reduce burns.
Nourishing hair and scalp
What effect does coconut oil have on oily hair and skin? According to studies, coconut oil has the ability to provide a large amount of protein with the ability to go deep into the hair roots and scalp. Even higher when compared to sunflower oil. Therefore, regular use of virgin coconut oil in hair care helps you to get strong, smooth hair.
The simplest way to nourish your hair is to incubate your hair with coconut oil after shampooing. Rinse hair clean after incubating for 5 minutes.
Soften the cuticles
The ability to soften hard cuticles is one of the effects of coconut oil that you can use.. The main reason is because coconut oil contains many hydrating fatty acids, which have the ability to hydrate and moisturize. good for skin. For example, exfoliating on the skin, softening between hands and feet, softening lips, …
Besides, coconut oils also bring many great benefits to the skin such as:
Increase skin resistance.
Slows down the aging process, prevents wrinkles.
However, you should consider using this essence in moderation. Because using too much or in the wrong way is counterproductive, making the skin dry and more clogged.
Kill death celk
To take advantage of virgin coconut oil, you can mix half a cup of sea salt or sugar with half a cup of melted coconut oil. Rub the mixture on your skin, especially in dark areas. Depending on the type of skin and the bumps on the body, you can adjust the dose.
Delicious dishes with coconut oil
In addition to the good health benefits, you can prepare more delicious coconut oil-based dishes below.
Hot coffee with coconut oil and condensed milk
With this method of preparation, coffee will have a special delicious taste. Especially, the sweet and greasy aroma of coconut oil will dispel the winter cold in the blink of an eye.
Mix hot milk with coconut oil
Mixing hot milk with a little coconut oil to drink to enhance the taste of your milk is a great way to enjoy a drink.
Add to smoothies or cocktails
If you love smoothies or cocktails, you can add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil when grinding fruit to create a distinct taste and increase the emotion when you enjoy the taste of nature in your favorite drink. me.
Combine with yogurt
Adding a little coconut oil to the yogurt and letting it solidify in the refrigerator then scooping up a spoonful of yoghurt with the coconut head to let it melt slowly and release a delicious aroma in the mouth is a wonderful experience.
Mix with salad
Besides combining coconut oil with drinks and desserts, you can use coconut oil in salads to bring new flavors to dishes.
Enhance the taste of fried banana cake
Because the oil has a very special aroma that can overwhelm the dish, the oil is most suitable when combined with cakes. In p
Coconut oil made from fresh coconut
Ingredients: 2 coconut cakes
Implementation: Split the coconut in half. Use a stiff spoon to scrape the coconut flesh from the shell.
Use a knife to cut the coconut meat into small pieces.
Put the coconut meat in the blender. Add a little water, grind until the coconut meat is crushed into a thick paste. Strain with a cloth or sieve to remove the residue, taking the coconut milk. Then put the juice in a jar or bottle.
Put the coconut milk in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Then you will see the coconut milk and coconut oil will separate into 2 layers. The curd layer floats on top and the coconut oil on the bottom.
Use a spoon to scoop out the frozen coconut, coconut oil will remain in the jar. So you have finished the coconut oil dish.
Using desiccated coconut as coconut oil
Ingredients: 1kg of ready-made desiccated coconut
Implementation : Put desiccated coconut into the juicer to separate the oil and cream from the coconut fiber. Repeat the first step several times to filter out all the coconut residue.
Pour the resulting coconut milk into a glass jar and leave in a warm or hot place for 24 hours. Then you will see the coconut oil floating on the surface, while the cream sinks to the bottom.
You can buy ready-made desiccated coconut or make your own desiccated coconut by buying fresh coconut, scraping it, cutting it into small pieces and drying in an oven at a moderate temperature.
We still have a lot of products for you to check out.